The beginning ....

The beginning ....
our engagement night!

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Virginia Beach with the Hoffman’s




What a wonderful time we’ve had in Virginia Beach. Nick and Sarah have been so gracious to take us in and make us feel right at home. It will be sad to leave tomorrow, but Myrtle Beach and Curtis await us next!

We started out the trip by taking what I thought would be a nice leisurely boat ride on a vessel named Rudee’s Rocket. The name should have been my first clue. Although it was a total blast, I got absolutely soaked to the bone! It was like mixing a roller coaster ride and water park all into one. My shorts were still wet three hours later when we got back home.

The next day, Nick introduced me to the Cross Fit work out while Sarah and Megan hit a normal gym. At the end of the session, I was yet again drenched, but this time it wasn’t with salt water. Yes, the workout was that good. Thanks Nick!

That afternoon, Megan and I played with the kids for hours. After being used as a gymnasium, building Lego houses and racing toy cars, I honestly feel like I earned the right to be called “Uncle Dan.” Later, we met Nick afterwork at a place that was billed to have the best crab cakes in Virginia. After eating Megan’s homemade cakes, I guess I must be spoiled, because these didn’t come close to hers. I married a great chef!

We slowed the pace down today with a trip to the beach. Hunter didn’t have school so he went with us. We became good boogey boarding buddies while the girls soaked up the beautiful weather. Megan and I were able to steal a little time away for a stroll down the beautiful seashore, much to Hunter's chagrin.

Tonight, we’re planning on grilling out at home and possibly tasting the Dove’s Nick shot on his recent hunting trip. Maybe we’ll even watch another Comedy Central roast…..if our stomachs can take any more laughing

Thanks again to the Hoffman’s. It’s been a great visit and we can’t wait to do it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment